Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 3 June 2012

Wildlife



This morning I had the most astounding experience. 

Hubby and I were lying entwined together when I realised that we were surrounded by animals…and birds. I could feel their energy moving in through my feet and up into my body and as it did so it created this most amazing sense of peace and tranquillity...with a dash of longing.

I didn’t want to think too much about it…but having an analytical brain…I did…and stopped the energy from moving past my neck. Weyho…silliness…so I stopped and sank into the feeling.


Yesterday we visited Howletts. We’ve been to Port Lympne…so we thought we’d try this one. Hubby loves wildlife sanctuaries. Howletts and Port Lympne do a lot of breeding of near extinct species and they re-introduce quite a few back into a safe environ.

I love animals…but plants are my really my thing and whilst he was sitting watching the gorillas I was ogling the walled kitchen garden :-)

Neither of us particularly like seeing animals in captivity…but most of them are necessary in this 3D world that we have created.

These sanctuaries contrast strongly with the kind of life I had in South Africa and Namibia, where you have large tracts of land set aside as a wildlife reserve.

My most favourite place of all was Etosha. As a kid my parents regularly took us there. It is a vast expanse of land and the animals are so well camouflaged that you could search for days on end and see nothing. 

Whenever I scramble eggs I think of this place. I recall the days spent either in huts or tents with all my parent's friends and their kids…having a great time and thoroughly enjoying the swimming or hiking...and big breakfasts for all cooked outside and scrambled eggs for brekkies was the easiest way of feeding us all.

We’d leave the walled sanctuary of the huts and drive out into the reserve early morning or late afternoon when there was a possibility of seeing the animals.This was a very happy time for me...surrounded by nature.

I’ve seen many a buck brought down by lions and cheetah. We used to sit in the car for ages with binoculars at a specific place or at a watering hole in the hope of seeing a lion, only to discover when one of the pride twitched that they were lying right by us on the roadside under a bush and we hadn’t seen them! Which is why there are warnings never to get out your car, cos you have no idea what is lurking in the bush.

I’ve not been back to Etosha since I left Namibia in 1980…hubby and I intend travelling to Namibia next year after we have visited South Africa to see our extended family. I might be disappointed…or maybe not…but things do change and I am sure they have in the last 30 years.

These days you mostly get what I would call ‘boutique reserves’ – with this kind of reserve you are taken out by a ranger in a Landrover or large truck and into a small area that the animals are kept and you can see everything. The lions are kept separate from the buck, etc. but it is large enough that you have to drive.

We experienced this when we returned to South Africa in 2005 and wanted our kids to see animals in their wildlife habitat. It was convenient as we did not have much time and these kinds of reserves require no searching…no patience…merely in and out…quick turn-over…that’s modern tourism for the modern tourist.

Anyways…after this long ramble…what I experienced this morning was a strong longing for all animals to live in a world of peace and to return to what they have a vague recall of (like we do). But everything is as it should be...with everyone of us feeling this pulse to return to a different way of BEing.

What had really struck me yesterday was how many live separately from each other. For example tigers and rhinos – do not tolerate the company of another unless it is their offspring. Bull elephants are separate from the female matriarch-led herd, etc. Even amongst the monkeys and gorillas there is separation from family to family.

A whole world full of separation that we have created. I recall Lighted Loving (who are shifters) telling me that all the species in this world are from elsewhere and have come here to experience their own version of karma and to support with the great learning experienced here on earth. Each one is a link to their home, just like we are. So for example, cats are here in this form as part of the entities from the cat people, etc.

I have recall of a life as a sentient and highly advanced praying mantis.

They have the same veil of forgetfulness that we have, as well as the same feeling of separateness, although they seem to be more in touch with living in the now than we do.

Hubby is a bit withdrawn today. He is really feeling that visit yesterday and then the visitation for us this morning. He has gone for a long walk to take his mind off this. His longing to be a wildlife ranger still lurks in his psyche – a left over from the days when he was one on another planet.

He feels this longing to be one with all the species on planet earth as do I.

And so the rollercoaster continues…