Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 31 August 2012

Blunt and to the point












Snigger…I came downstairs this morning to make myself a plunger of coffee.

While waiting for the kettle to boil I wandered into the downstairs bathroom and discovered this beautifully framed notice hanging on the wall over the toilet.





RULES OF THE TOILET
1.       Lift up the lid!!!!
2.       Pee into the bowl
·         NOT on the seat
·         NOT on the floor
3.       Clean up your mess (there are no servants here!!)
4.       Change the toilet roll when finished (it’s not a complicated process)
FAILING to adhere to these rules, you will be forced to the use the communal toilets opposite the movie house.

Hmm…our son will be mortified.

He and I have had this conversation several times over the years.

We always have hundreds of boys traipsing in and out of the house, spending nights or simply visiting. One has kinda plonked himself down and been an 'on off' boarder for about a year. He goes home, has a fight with parents, then suddenly appears and remains with us until he's ready to go home. I never know when he will arrive...or leave.

We don’t mind having them here…I love the youthful energy…but having to put on a HAZMAT suit every time I clean the downstairs bathroom is not great. We have on occasion made our son scrub the toilet and floor...he seems happier to do this rather than confront his friends about their toilet habits.

Hubby, as usual, being blunt and to the point. I recall one occasion when we had three boys living with us, he lined them up in the lounge and proceeded to lay down the rules of the house in no uncertain terms. Our son looked like he was having a sulky hissy fit, while the others watched hubby with big eyes, constantly saying, ‘Yes, sir’ or ‘No, sir’.

Woohoo…I have one more week of work and then I am on holiday for two weeks. I am so looking forward to it as we are off to our 'love shack' in France…long white beaches, hot weather and loads of loving without six million teenage boys lurking around in the background.

Sigh… I admit they cramp our style somewhat :-)

I am also looking forward to the hand-fasting we will be doing in the forest that surrounds the resort. The place has an amazing energy to it.