Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 3 August 2012

My dream grotto


My bathroom

It’s no secret that I love plants. I love crystals and animals too…but plants are my ‘thing’.

I have a house full of oxygen giving plants. Obviously not in the bedrooms, as at night they give off carbon dioxide then, which is a waste product I don’t particularly want. 

My favouritest room is the bathroom. This is where I do a lot of meditations in the bath and where hubby and I are often in flagrante delicto :-)

So I made sure that it is full to the brim with crystals, candles and plants. It has beautiful midnight blue tiles on the walls.


Plants are amazing transmuters of energy. They clean the air and give so much visual pleasure.

Every time I climb into the bath and relax the plants join in the meditations. I have two Peace Lillies on either end of the bath and whenever I get in they touch my head or shoulders. There are two creepers making their way along the walls. I have plants in every nook and cranny of the bathroom to create the grotto that I dream of regularly. I love it. To be surrounded by nature. The elementals love being there too.

Besides the two small windows, we have a huge window next to the shower cubicle that is frosted glass. I imagine that I have an incredible view out over a valley.

It is my dream to have a bathroom in an outdoor grotto with a huge bath made of earth and crystals, surrounded by lush tropical plants.

In fact it is my dream to have an earth house. The whole house is surrounded by trees and we make our home amongst the huge roots of the trees with their permission. They surround us with their roots that are fashioned into rooms according to our needs and lovingly create steps up into their branches to a large branch that is like a deck. All done with mutual agreement. 

It is the kind of house that no-one knows is there until they stumble upon it by accident. The earth creates a winding footpath leading to the front door. 

Creation in harmony with Mother Earth...*sigh*

The view from our bedroom

I always think back to our last house in Cape Town. It was/is on a lake, facing a mountain. Wildlife, trees and water everywhere.  We had to leave as we were becoming too complacent and comfortable. There is no growth in that.

One day I will have done enough clearing to settle somewhere and create my dream home with Mother Earth's assistance. In the meanwhile I love and make the most of what I have now.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that pic from South Africa. That hill ... wonderful. I love living near water too.
We once had a hill view from our bedroom window - the Ochils - great Scottish name that one :-) I loved these hills so much .. and there was a waterfall there too. I would spend so many days up there with the fairies ...Now I seem to have the dragons ...
That view in South Africa calls out unicorns to me.
We have been blessed with the vistas haven't we KP
((hugs))

Anonymous said...

ooh .. interesting I just noticed that Unicorn post below :-)

Karen Cottle said...

The Ochils... :-) there are some names that simply grab you, aren't there and this is one.

Yes, there is a lot of unicorn energy there...and fairies. This is where I first 'saw' a water sprite.

I have never had the pleasure of living near a waterfall, although when it rained we could see the water coming down the mountainside as little waterfalls.

We have indeed been blessed with our vista.
Even though I don't live near water, I can feel the water table underneath constantly moving.

Smiley hugs
KP