Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 10 August 2012

Communication


Animal symbolism of the Wasp

I came upstairs to my bedroom and was pottering around, and became aware of a buzzing in the background. Eventually I looked up...and found a wasp kissing the ceiling as it moved around.

A wasp! What the heck was it doing in the room?

Animal symbolism of the wasp deals with:
  • order
  • construction
  • communication
  • involvement
  • development
  • progress
  • team-work
  • productivity



The wasp is very social, and has special means of communication with its family. When the wasp appears in our lives it is a message for us to consider our own methods of communication. The wasp might be a sign that we may need to express ourselves more clearly.
 
Because the wasp is symbolic of communication, order and productivity, those who encounter the wasp may ask themselves:
  • "Are all my affairs in order?"
  • "Am I aligning myself with my goals?"
  • "Am I procrastinating about something?"
  • "Am I keeping myself from reaching my highest potential?"
  • "Am I allowing my progress to be held back by others?"
Wasps are perfect totems for those of us who need a bit of organized focus, and assistance with assertive communication.

The wasp can also help in areas of building, whether it be a new home, or building on a dream - the wasp is a master architect and can guide you with the planning of any building project you have in mind.

This is so funny, as on Wednesday I was cleaning out a cupboard and found a huge bottle of Hydrangea essence which helps with focus and clarity. My writing area is surrounded by hydrangea bushes :-) Seems I need all the help I can get!

I obviously need to brush up on my communication skills and building my dream. Ya think it might be alluding to my website and new home?



2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Interesting! I didn't know the meanings of wasp. So what do you think the deal is with the black wasp who showed up in my car a couple of days ago? Does his color black hold meaning for his visit? As a kid, I used to have nightmares about being chased and stung by bees and have actually had them fly down my clothes and sting me when I was young. I don't mind insects and usually put them outside or move them, but bees, ummm, I have to stop myself from fleeing!
I am getting all kinds of insect visits in my car lately as you probably know....I figure the elementals are greeting me.

Karen Cottle said...

:-) Yes they are greeting you! Most insects, etc. have an elemental with them.

I don't believe there is meaning to the colour of the wasp - didn't know there were black wasps.

I try not to get worried about them crawling over me. I understand that I am being taught to centre my energy. If I don't...they will react to it. I've often come out of a deep meditation to find a few 'somethings' crawling over me. It ain't easy stopping that automatic reflex of the body...

And so the lessons go on...