Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 21 April 2012

Kundalini yoga


Lotus seed pod


Kundalini yoga

Hmm…very interesting. I found myself giggling the whole way through it, as I released. It certainly helped because this morning I have no side effects, except maybe a slight sore sacral bone.

We worked on the navel and heart yesterday.

Now let me tell you…I am not one who has been into excessive physical activity. Even though I danced, played sport and horse rode as a teenager; I didn’t really work up too much of a sweat. I tried aerobics and the gym on the odd occasion but hated the idea of getting sweaty and simply couldn’t be bothered.

I have a weak body.


All my life there has been concern about me and my weakness – from my parents down to my children – everyone always asking is Karen/mom okay when we did strenuous activities. I never turned anything down – I’ve done my share of canoeing down the Orange River over rapids, climbing mountains despite my fear of heights, dancing in a stage show that lasted six months, so yes I have pushed myself on the odd occasion – but it is not a regular ‘torture’ as I would call it.

This perceived weakness has plagued me all my life and I have bought into it.

Suddenly at the age of 45 I found I wanted to go to the gym and work up a sweat - which I did. Our daughter and I used to go every Sunday and we’d work out and then do the sauna and swim afterward. It was our mother and daughter time together until she left for Australia.

So I bought myself a cross trainer to use at home…still do along with my toning exercises which I have done for approximately 20 odd years.

Yesterday made me realise that there is nothing wrong with me. I am quite capable and the weakness I have is merely a mind over matter thing.

Initially I was stressing about pushing my body to the limit, like I did in Australia and ending up aching for days on end. Well then I was buying into the perceived weakness, wasn’t I?

Once the change in perception happened I was able to sink into the perceived pain and love it, and through loving it, I could release by giggling.

My body and muscles were very relaxed when I arrived home and last night’s sacred union moved up a notch. Wow, I’d felt that we’d reached a plateau and was wondering when we would move to the next level.

Once again I was contorted into strange positions and found myself giggling. I am smiling as I think about it now.

Who says you can’t have fun while pushing your body to its limit? I never knew I could, but now that I think about it, my soul and spirit knew but my body didn’t quite get it. Last night she ‘got it’…finally. I was guided to a blog I wrote in December 2010 at the start of the understandings Intense Pleasure when I was pushed beyond what I thought I could do. 

At that time I had no idea what was in store for us.

I find that my third eye is looking like a closed seed pod and am wondering what that is all about. I did an internet search to see if I could find the seed - it looks like the picture above.

Anyways this morning when I woke I was told that I need to do some rituals before doing anything else. I asked why rituals I thought they were a thing of the past. No, it is merely for today to reinforce and cement the understanding that I had yesterday.

What did strike me yesterday at yoga – again some of the movements were ones that I was guided to do the other day – but they were more in the form of dance rather than yoga poses.

All part of the training and understanding I need to have for next year.


P.S. I looked up the symbolism of the lotus seed pod and found this

The seed pod of the lotus is an ever changing womb that protects and holds the seeds until they mature. The pod represents the sanctuary of community where the seeds of creativity and expression are nurtured and prepare for transformation.

It kind of ties in with what I've been experiencing lately.

No comments: