Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Wednesday 28 March 2012

Hubby is in his element


Hubby is in his element…he’s always lived by the sea and eaten huge amounts of seafood. Being here on the coast in a small village…he can walk everywhere and spend time by the sea.

Since we’ve arrived, he has been in and out…in and out…in and out. Fishing for a short while…walking along the beach and exploring rock pools…going to the harbour to see what catch had been brought in. Bonding time between him and his future son-in-law, as fishing seems to be a huge pastime here in Australia.


Reminds me of when we lived in Cape Town on an estuary that had formed a lake. We lived in a house on the waterways that had been created and whenever hubby could, he’d be out fishing from the front lawn, chatting with passing boats, canoes and even making friends with the wildlife. There was a family of swans…mom, dad and four babies, mallards and ducks, coots and egyptian geese.

He is very good with animals and birds. Far better with them than people…and strangely enough…despite being at times impatient with people, he has endless amounts of patience with animals and coaxing them to do what he wants.

He’s always dreamt of being a wildlife ranger and having his own wildlife reserve. There was a time between jobs that we discussed him starting over and studying to become a ranger…but being the responsible male that he is he decided he’d best stay where he was and earn some money. Maybe one day…

I’ve been having problems with my bladder since Sunday. If I need to wee…I need to wee right then and there and cannot hold it in…and I look about 4 months pregnant at the moment and have a very strange sensation in my pelvic area. It feels like when you're in your last trimester of pregnancy and the baby is lying on your bladder. Something is gestating within me…again.

Some eye rolling…’here we go again’.

Anyways, whilst they fished, I lay on the sand and read the book Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I’d heard much about this book but as I’d not been into reading much lately I’d not bothered to find it. I go through phases of reading when I devour books left right and centre and then go through a dry period when I don’t feel like it.

I have been in a dry period this past year and a bit, as I find my inner life far more interesting than reading any books.

I’ve spent most of the afternoon reading and thoroughly enjoying the book. We got caught in a heavy rain shower and while everyone else decided to stay, I came back to the house.

I’m thoroughly enjoying her experiences in Italy and it brings back good memories. Hubby, I and our two kids spent five/six weeks travelling with my parents through Italy in 2001 as far as Naples and the Island of Capri.

We got to know the people really well, having made friends with an Italian family who lived just outside Rome…very friendly and extremely generous…nothing was too much trouble for them.

Rome was my favourite city in Italy…although many friends of mine have been there and none of them liked it. Italy for me is beautiful and filled with unbelievable architecture and history – I felt so at home there. Love the place…but have no need to go back…but maybe one day I will. It was here that a few lifetimes made themselves known…one as a blind nun who had devoted her life to God and wondered why she was being punished with blindness and swollen painful legs.

Hehe…one of my lasting memories of that trip is sitting in the car with my children whilst hubby, my mother and stepdad went into the supermarket in Rome. An Italian man – approximately mid-twenties - pulled up next to the car and asked if I was busy that night as he wanted to take me out. I remember my brain doing a double take, eh? I indicated my two children and said I was married. He merely shrugged and asked again, ‘Are you available tonight?’ He didn’t seem to want to take no for an answer, but eventually I convinced him I wasn’t interested and he drove off.

Yeah…well…makes me grin today but at the time I was astounded…flattered but astounded. So yes, I can understand when her friend said that Rome’s word is SEX (in the book…iIf you haven’t read the book it might not mean anything to you :-))

It has been a very peaceful day for me, spent relaxing, both in the other’s company and in my own company. This morning whilst I was meditating I asked if today we were going to do the ceremonial rituals promised, but was told one more day was needed and we’d be ready to do it tomorrow.

We are having a seafood platter tonight…one of the fish we are eating, our daughter caught this afternoon.


No comments: