Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 12 March 2012

Fantasy

I have long been fascinated by the world of fantasy. This includes goblins, fairies, vampires, shifters, demons, etc.

Okay…so I’m not a movie fan of Star Trek or Star Wars or Buffy but I do enjoy a good book about anything along those lines. And…I loved the Lord of the Rings movies…hated the books but loved the movies.

I see that there is a movie out called John Carter penned by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Made me think about the family rumour that he is our great grandfather’s brother…or something along those lines. I’ve tried doing a family tree but I can’t find any connection.


Strangely enough when my grandfather’s father arrived in South Africa he was called Henry Burroughs, but do you think I can find a Henry Burroughs leaving by ship from England? No.

I suspect that many a person disappeared from here and arrived somewhere in the new worlds with a totally different name and a made up background. There wasn’t anyone to check, was there?

So, back to fantasy. My mom used to love fantasy as well and she’d often read those wonderful stories that fire the imagination about a different world for which I thank her.

I passed this on to my children. Storytelling and singing…one of our favourites pastimes together when the children were little.

I’ve taken this view about these oddballs things out there…

It is preparing us for the really strange things we might see in the future. Who says that there are only humanoids out there?

Being the scaredy-cat humans that we are, we see all these different things as frightening and fear mongering. But should we take it as something to be scared of? I don’t believe so. Just as you get different animals in the world and light and dark, you get different species as far as consciousness is concerned. It might feel weird in the beginning to be speaking to an insect-like creature, but hey…who says it’s stupid or has no feelings?

Every so often I’ll have a flashback of a life that wasn’t a human one. One such occasion I was a praying mantis-like being, very large, but with a very advanced consciousness.

Another one was where I’d just woken and found myself lying next to a very large black cat…he must have been about 7 foot tall. On inspection I realised that he was a furry humanoid, but his face was panther-like. I glanced down at myself to find that I had the fur of a tiger but in human form. These were shifters. That is when I realised that there is definitely more to what we know. And we are so unaware of it all.

And so in all of my books I’ve written something that rose from my consciousness and made them into fictional stories. I’ve not published them all yet.

Amazing the little signs we give ourselves along the way. I suppose it is up to us to decide how we view and feel about these little signs.




2 comments:

peacefultrees said...

we have so many other selves... for me, i know that i must have been an insect, as i like them, and all four legged creatures. when i was younger, i used to say i was half tree and half cat. now i know that i really am... at least part tree deva and have connections to the cat planet. ... also, love fantasy books, and fairy tales. they seem more real than reality... the other night, i dreamed i was in space again after 11 yrs (really nice). it was not near earth where i was, but another place where humanoids lived. there were many humanoid planets. i am started to write a story about it. hugs, tree faerie

Karen Cottle said...

Writing is very cathartic...and may it bring many insights as you do so.
Hugs from the heart
KP