Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 12 March 2012

Sungazing




It is time for me to start spending time in the sun and doing a bit of sungazing.

I didn’t realise how spoilt I was with the sun when I lived in Africa. You take what you have for granted until it’s gone and then you realise what a difference it made in your life.

This is the main reason that whenever we go on holiday it is to a hot country we know we will get sunshine…that and the fact that my body doesn’t like it too cold. Suppose I could get used to being in a bitterly cold country if I put my mind to it…but haven’t had any reason to do so, so far anyway.

I’ve adjusted to the coldness of the UK and I’m okay with it.



Don’t get me wrong…I love the UK. As a country she has given me much for which I am grateful. I know if I’d remained in South Africa I would never be where I am now. Nothing like moving to another country to change your perspective.

But it would be absolutely perfect if there was a lot more sunshine…it doesn’t have to be hot…temperate is okay as long as the sun is shining.

Anyways this last winter has been great. We had a long beautiful autumn right up until December so I could get some sun. It changed over December, January and February…

Oh darn…I’m being very English talking about the weather…

But the point of this blog is that the sun is very necessary in our lives…without it we would be very miserable.

I often wonder why we chose England as a destination? Was it a form of punishment I decided to give myself to deny myself the sun? Possibly…but it was also necessary in that the energy of the UK has driven me to clear so much…especially the erratic strong overpowering kundalini energy of London.

Wow…that place packs a punch and after Cape Town’s gentle nurturing energy it was like sticking my finger in a wall plug and switching it on. It was a time of trying to find the balance in all this frenetic energy.

It certainly jogged me out of my complacency :-) and took a while to adjust.

But here I am 14 years later, grateful for the change. Can’t say I was grateful in the midst of the chaos that the change brought about…but I am okay these days.

So…14 years…a double cycle of 7…hmm…where to next? I’ve gone past 49 into 50 so I figure this is a year of change.

I don’t mind where it is as long as it’s not too cold…what can I say…I’m a woos when it comes to the cold.

Anyways…off to the beautician…


2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I've always said even if it's cold, if I can see and feel that the sun is shining, I am happy!

Karen Cottle said...

Makes the air smell different, doesn't it?