Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 15 May 2011

A meditation of love

You know what? It takes courage to take a different path than the one we usually take each day. We become creatures of habit and do everything on automatic without truly thinking and feeling what we are doing. So we exist. When last did we stop and actually feel – feel the happiness, joy or the pain?

Taking note and making a decision every minute of the day takes a lot of focus and energy. It’s easier for us to just let things happen. When we take a conscious decision to change how we feel about something, it changes the energy surrounding us.


So it brings us back to the idea that we should take each minute and really live it to the full. A bit daunting don’t you think? Because it puts the ball in our court and we have to think about what we are going to do with that ball instead of automatically leaving it to bounce around and find its own way - thinking about the consequences of our actions.

It takes a lot of energy to change how we do things. But as times goes along and we practice it day in and day out it becomes easier. It’s changing a habit of a lifetime or lifetimes. All it takes is one minute from each day to think about what we’re doing and really feel it. Add a minute at a time and slowly build up to a whole day. It is strange to think that a mundane task such as washing up can be a meditation of love. Can you imagine the difference if everything we did was a meditation of love? It would coat everything around us.

Hmm…but it does sometimes come with side effects. An example from my life is – my hubby and I have been through many ups and downs during our 25 years together. We have had phases where we are so close and completely in love and then times where we can barely stand each other. It’s almost as though the happiness is too great. Happiness in itself can bring up a lot of issues to be dealt with. Once they are cleared it leaves the way open for more happiness and love, which, in turn brings up the deeper stuff to be cleared. We both know we go through these cycles and once we come out the ‘horrible’ phase things will be good again.

I can’t say I’ve got it right – being able to consciously feel every minute of the day. I do hide – it’s easier to be on automatic and be numb than to constantly feel and experience every emotion to the full. I’ve hidden who I truly am all my life. This the time for me to be courageous and show the world who I am.
 

No comments: