Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 20 May 2011

Dangly bits

It was a very long emotional day at work yesterday. I ran a clinic in the morning and in the afternoon was titrating patients on CPAP. I'd done a few nights this week and to top it all my cat had delivered a live mouse to us at 2am the previous night and we'd spent ages trying to find it as it shot off the bed and disappeared. Hubby eventually found it and took it outside, so I was really tired in the morning.

One of the patients that came in to the clinic had muscular dystrophy and he arrived, in his electric wheelchair with his wife who is his carer. She had to turn him every 30 minutes at night and as a result both of them were suffering with sleep deprivation and were extremely tearful. This can be very difficult for a medical professional, especially when the couple feel that we are going to solve all their problems.


But what a wonderful couple. She was so extremely loving and he was very apologetic for the trouble he was causing her. She admitted it was difficult and there were days she had no energy but her love for him was so strong, she was able to take a deep breath, shake herself and get on with it. His gratitude to her was heart wrenching.

My respect for them grew as I spent an intense three hours with them, in between seeing to the other patients. He still runs his own business from home, in spite of not being able to lift his arms above his waist.

So you can imagine how emotionally wrung out I was when I arrived home. Hubby always knows how to lighten things up and before I knew it, we were bantering with each other. I said something or another and hubby turned to me with a stern look on his face, his eyes twinkling and said, 'I put my life on the line by jumping out of bed naked, leaving my dangly bits to jig about freely in order to save you from a man-eating mouse and this is the thanks I get."

Well, my mind went into warped overdrive as I had this vision of an angry mouse running up his leg and latching on to his 'dangly bits' to get its revenge, while hubby jumped around shouting, 'Get it orf.'

Cheered me up no end :)


Dangly bits - to read comments on LW

No comments: