Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Tuesday 3 May 2011

Autism

I have a very dear South African friend who now lives in Australia, after leaving the UK 6 years ago. She came over here the same time we did. I shall call her ‘Sweetie’.

Sweetie is a speech and language therapist who started to have an interest in autism whilst working here in the UK. She and I have much in common when it comes to alternative things. We used to have many an animated discussion (and still do). Our hubbies used roll eyes when we got together, cause they knew they were in for a long night. When she moved to Australia she took time out to have two children and now is working part time privately and studying further about autism.


We had a very interesting discussion last weekend about autism. Sweetie says that in Australia they are teaching that emotions play a big part in autism and in order to ‘treat’ it the speech and language therapist needs to address the emotions of the child/adult.

This then brought us to the subject of empathy. There is a lady, whose work she is studying, who says that autistic children are very, very strong empaths. They get distressed by the overload and bombardment of the world’s emotions and withdraw into their safe world.

Sweetie mentioned a story this lady tells of a teacher who had a ‘problem’ child. It was storytime and as she read, the problem child started to rock back and forth. The further into the story she got the stronger the rocking until the child started shouting.

Later on when the lady spoke to the teacher she asked her what the story meant to her. The teacher replied that the story was her favourite and she used to read it to her son. The lady then asked her if there was any underlying feelings. The teacher finally admitted that there was. She and her son weren’t on very good terms and she felt sad whenever she read the story.

This, the lady explained to her, caused the child’s reaction. He was feeling her sadness and was trying to heal it for her. He started by rocking and when that didn’t help he started shouting in response.

I found that story very touching. How many children react in one way or another whether they are autistic or not? How often do you see a baby crying and wonder what energies they are feeling?

I know that my children used to pick up on my emotions and act on them. The clearer I became the less they used to react. And not only with tantrums or sulks or any other ‘acting out’ but with illness. So not only overloaded with my stuff, their own stuff they had the world pressing down on them.

And my children were not as sensitive as autistic and possibly ADHD children.

Sweetie and all the others that work with autistic children believe they are here to teach us, to show us the way.

I can relate to this because as I clear myself of the clutter of emotions the higher my frequency the less I want to be bombarded with other’s emotions. I don’t mind transmuting them, but I’ve learnt to draw the line.

There is only so much we can do for others. I do believe that I can change the energy for someone but if they decide to transform the energy back to pain and suffering who am I to argue as they have their own path to walk.

There was a really amazing story reported on the One Show last week Thursday about a family - a couple had three children with autism. It really touched me how beautifully they all worked together and the parents were understanding so much from their children.
But autism is not the only teaching tool we are being given. Every single one of us teaches someone besides ourselves. The next time someone makes you angry or cry think about why. What’s inside you that they are bringing to your attention?

Everything around us is a message to us as individuals and as the collective.

I wouldn’t be where I am now if not for those that have touched my life. I wouldn’t be where I am now if not for those that I’ve never met. And yeah, I still get angry and sad as I’m not quite that saintly. But I know that those feelings are caused by my inner emotions. Having learnt how to allow the energies of the world to move through me instead of into me, I can own any emotion that I feel as mine. My body is very healthy and trim, evidencing this. And yeah, the collective can still snag an emotion of mine to the surface that needs clearing.

As I’m writing this I’m listening to Take That’s - Rule the World

'You light up the skies up above me
A star so bright you blind me...'

I have a great deal of gratitude because without YOU I would never have learnt or understood as much as I do.

Thank YOU.



 

No comments: