Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Tuesday 8 December 2015

Back home - happy and very relaxed

Mom's holiday shack


I flew back into Heathrow from Cape Town this morning after ten days in the Western Cape, South Africa, my darling hubby collecting me at some ungodly hour.

I am happy to be back in my own home, but sad at leaving family behind.


It was great catching up with them, many of whom I've not seen for at least 10 years. I thoroughly enjoyed being with everyone, I felt so at home and comfortable. I'd also forgotten how friendly South Africans are - nothing is too much trouble - the hospitality second to none.

My sisters-in-law have not aged at all. Nephews and nieces have grown up so much!

My mother has a holiday chalet in Kommetjie (see video below) (means "small basin") and this is where we stayed for most of the time when in Cape Town. The dirtbins are up on poles to stop the porcupines from knocking them over. They also have locks on them so the baboons don't raid them either.

On the Saturday when I arrived she'd brought her neighbour and daughter with and we had a chat over a cup of coffee at the airport before driving out to Kommetjie. A suggestion was made (if I was up for it) that we do a long ride around the Peninsula so I can familiarise myself with my old "home town".

We laughed and chatted all the way. It was a great welcome.

Every night that we were in Kommetjie we walked along the beach front. It is a gorgeous long white beach that stretches for miles.



Mum















Mum again on walking on the coastal path

Mum resting










Sorry!!! Forgot to attach the video