Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 11 December 2015

That's not my name

I heard the Ting Tings - That's not my name and it jogged my memory...

Whilst in South Africa, I was reminded how wound up I used to get about the pronunciation of my name when I lived there.




Because the country was largely colonised by the Dutch settlers, their language (with a smattering of German and French) evolved into Afrikaans. Therefore my name Karen is pronounced by everyone as a very guttural Ka-a-a-r-r-r-en (a as in car, hard r as in brrr), instead of the soft English version Carin (as in Catherine without the middle bit).

I hated it so much that I started introducing myself as my initials KC. Yeesh! You'd think no-one could fuck that up, but believe me it still happened.

When we moved to the UK it was such a relief not to have to explain how to pronounce my name. I have also met so many other Karens with the same spelling and pronunciation that I feel quite at home.

I am sincerely hoping that my name will not be a problem in NZ.

The Ting Tings - That's not my name