Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 1 January 2017

Growing, culling, time out, regrouping, rejuvenation and regeneration

We discovered a ground covering that has prickles. Now that it's summer we are walking barefoot on the grass and this is how we found out about it.

So, as Greg had been using white vinegar to get rid of other "weeds" with great success, I thought I'd give it a try. Getting rid of weeds is a sore point - what is defined as a weed? Every country has their version of a weed. What one country believes is a weed is considered exotic in another. As far as I am concerned plants make their way to your garden because you need their uplifting vibration.



Lol...but I do draw the line at thorny things and put them in the same category as mozzies.

Wow, the vinegar has done the job! The only problem is the dead plant still has the prickles - they are very tiny. I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of them without spreading the prickles which are actually the seed...and there is so much of it. Standing on them with shoes on you can see the seeds stuck to the sole of the shoe. Walking around spreads them. Oh no, the horror!

My cousin's wife showed me the same things in their garden. Being a born and bred Kiwi, I was hoping she'd know what they are but she doesn't...and neither do any of my colleagues at work.

Makes me wonder what the prickles are all about and why we have them in the garden. What is the message? Maybe it is indicative of those prickly bits of ourselves that we need to clear out.

In the UK we had a very big Holly bush growing outside the kitchen door. It was very abundant. Holly bush essence is all about clearing anger. As the anger we felt (which mostly we were not aware of until it popped up) dissipated, so the holly bush got smaller and smaller, until finally it was barely hanging on. It was beautiful in winter to see the red berries on the deep green leaves with snow covering them.

It sort of saddened me to see it dying off, but clearly gave an indication of what was no longer a huge issue in our lives.

I've seen a few lovely lacy hydrangeas and a stunningly beautiful purple hibiscus tree that I've fancied for a while. I have decided to take a few cuttings (the houses are empty and sold for development so I doubt they'd miss a branch or two). I did a search for a home made rooting agent to use and came across a few places that mention honey. Some say use the honey as is and others say to dilute with water.

I'm gonna give it a try today and see if this works. I've three pots ready for the cuttings.

We are eating the crops from our vegetable garden. Carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, leeks, potatoes, sugar snaps, peas and strawberries. Brocoli, watermelon, rockmelon, sweet corn, cucumber, lemon tree, butternut squash and capsicum all flowering and therefore yet to fruit. The balanced combination of lots of rain, sunshine, excellent volcanic soil have made it easy to grow anything/everything.

Our garden is a reflection of us.

We have finally got around to hanging all our pictures. They've been wrapped up in boxes in the garage since the container arrived. There are still a couple of smaller pictures we need to hang. We realised that most of our framed paintings are done by our daughter. She's been talking half heartedly about studying art since she left school. I suppose she has yet to find a way to express her artistic side in a way that really gives voice to her passion.

This is a "thing" for my family.

My mum is a very good artist (both painting and with words as she writes stunning poetry). I started studying graphic design at university then dropped out, my sister finished her art studies but never made anything of it (but recently picked it up again) and now our daughter has the same gene. Maybe my art is expressed in a different way through the use of my imagination/dream time, the ability to "see"/feel/meditate and, of course, gardening and flower essences.  My brother's artistic side has popped out in his ability to invent things, make commercials, educational videos and write music and stories.

We've been feeling like we're ensconced in a cocoon since New Year's night. The lethargy is forcing us to take time out and as a result are sleeping a LOT and in between listening to music, sitting in the garden, watching movies and reading. Kind of feels like we've done so much exhausting work on ourselves on a level that we are unaware of. Greg and Traevis have been experiencing flu-like symptoms and I have a background headache. Time out to gather our wits.

We're just going with the flow. Today is a warm rainy day, reinforcing the need to withdraw from the world and rest.

No comments: