Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Tuesday 3 November 2015

Working from the inside



I know there is a perception that in order to create change one must stand on the outside and shout at the giant.




I used to feel this way when I first started on my alternative journey approximately 20 years ago. Slowly it dawned on me that the only way to create change is to be the change. Not in an in-your-face way but subtly. By being me and accepting that it wouldn't happen over night, not being pushy or even bringing up the subject of an alternate world. There is nothing worse than someone shoving what might seem like "religious" crap in your face every five seconds. Everyone is entitled to their opinion/way of being.

I know I'd hate it if my hubby was (just an example - he isn't) a religious person and every day he preached at me. I always put myself in someone else's shoes and wonder how I'd react.

I did join a few forums/alternative websites but found that there was so much fighting, everyone declaring theirs was the right way, that it put me off and so I decided to write in a blog where I could be me. I still have an aversion to group stuff. Some of the alternative people are just as dogmatic as anyone else, their prejudices sticking out like a sore thumb against a tolerant background.

There are lightworking professionals all over the world, quietly in the background "on the inside" shining, many of them unaware that they are working with the light. It only takes a small chink in someone's armour to allow the light to make its way in, although it could take years to have an effect, depending on the person.

It may seem that I have given up and am walking on the "other side", but I haven't. I do believe that both conventional medicine and alternative medicine can work hand in hand if we allow them to. I was often asked did I not find working in a medical setting going against my ethos. No, simply because I can lay aside my prejudices as I see the patient (and my work colleagues) at the core of everything. I come into contact daily with many, whether I am doing a night shift or day clinic. Maybe they can take away with them not only a machine but also a little bit of light. It is their CHOICE whether they use the light or not. I think at this stage everyone I work with have forgotten that I am an alternative therapist.

Listening is a huge benefit. When patients talk, I can hear the underlying story. By simply giving them a chance to express themselves, giving them the luxury of listening, opens them up to so much more. Judgement has no place. We are all walking this life in the best way we can.

But I am no angel. Believe me, I find myself judging at times. I am, after all, only human. It can take a while to remember that my job in life is to be there. Nothing more, nothing less.

This remembering serves to remind me that no matter what I choose as a career, I am simply to BE.