Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Tuesday 10 November 2015

New beginnings - four seasons in one day

A couriered package arrived from the hospital in New Zealand yesterday. Lots more paperwork to read, complete and return. My poor beleaguered brain!

The date (there are those 9s 2s and 11s again) is rather significant 9+1+1+2+1+5= 19    9+1=1(0) - 1 is new beginnings


We'd spent the weekend figuring out what we are taking with and did a dry run of packing.

Greg measured out the size of two large crates, whilst I made to size (from paper) the fridge, freezer and washing machine. We then moved what we were definitely taking into the "crates" so we could see what we can fit into each one, and how much extra space there is for anything else we might want to ship over.

The mover's website say that one large crate can fit a two bedroom household into it. I am not sure what kind of two bedroom household that would be because we can barely fit everything into two crates!

Anyways logistically we wondered how we are going to do this.

When I get to NZ, I will have to find accommodation for myself for the time I am there alone - which is not a problem. The issue is that our household will take approximately 3 months to arrive. If Greg leaves in May, we have no furniture for three months when he arrives there, which again is not a problem cos we can rent a furnished studio flat or something. But what about the cats?

They will fly out first week of May and must be in quarantine for 10 days. All well and good, but what about when they are out of quarantine? I am not only loathe to pay for more cattery fees, but three months for them in a cattery is a long time.

So, after much thought, we came up with this plan.

Greg will send the first crate over in February (ish) so that it arrives early May. He will just have to live in a half furnished house. I will find a house to rent from beginning of May. The second crate will be sent with the rest of the house when he vacates the premises to fly out to NZ.

So...that sorts that out.

All our goods are new. Each one slowly giving up the ghost during the course of the first six months of this year, leaving us no choice but to replace them. I also felt the need to buy a lot of thermal stuff at the beginning of the year. Why? Now I know - it can get very cold in NZ, but conversely it gets extremely hot too. I am getting what I asked for, ain't I?

Amazing how we "know" what we need to do before we actually consciously "know" it.

Then there is sorting taxes here and there, filling out bank forms here and there, extracting ourselves from various charities we support, etc. The list goes on forever. I keep waking in the middle of the night, remembering something else that needs sorting.

Who knew our lives were so complicated? I thought we'd pared it down to something really simple, but clearly not.

And then there is clearing out the clutter. Being ruthless. We've cleared out the loft and the cupboard under the stairs (lol..Harry Potter's bedroom!), boxed up stuff that we don't need now. Trying to get everything done before I leave, so that Greg is not too stressed with everything.

I think this weekend's moving our goods around and packing, really hit home to our son that we were serious about leaving. He didn't say anything, smiling and bantering with us, but I could see he was looking rather down by the end of the weekend. My heart is breaking...but I gotta let him go to fly on his own.

Next is all the goodbyes. Dinners, coffees, lunches - each one tugging at my heart.

My calendar is rather full, together with working, I'm on a rollercoaster of doing - not much time for BEing and breathing.

It feels chaotic - rather like a construction site.

My emotions are like four seasons in one day