Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 20 December 2010

Weaknesses and strengths

Strengths and weaknesses colour our lives daily. A strength can turn into a weakness and a weakness can turn into a strength. You could equate them with darkness and light. Duality in this world of polarities.

I am stubborn as an ass, pigheaded, muleheaded or whatever name you call it by. Without these traits I’d never be where I am these days. How often did I forge ahead despite all around standing in judgement and letting me know that they don’t approve of what I’m doing? Is that a weakness or a strength? Depends on what side of the fence you’re standing on. Those who were disapproving saw it as a weakness whereas it was a strength to me.


What about those who are so-called ‘weak willed’ or fall apart easily? Being the strong silent type that everyone piles things on is considered a strength. But is it? My core strength has always been the strong silent type. On one hand it has helped me but on the other hand it’s held me back in that I was never able to ask for help. It led to my postnatal depression and me learning to reach out.

This brings me to the question of what is right or wrong. Was it wrong that I was the strong silent practical one and then fell apart? I don’t believe so. So was my ‘weakness’ a strength or a weakness?

I don’t believe that either qualifies. What is, is. So mote it be. We have cycles that we go through to reach places. Which is why it is harsh to stand in judgement of someone else. How do we know what their life path is? Maybe theirs is short and difficult or long and sweet. That is between them and their guardians. It will touch on others but this is part of the plan. If you weren’t meant to be in that plan it wouldn’t affect you.

This doesn’t mean that I cannot reach out to help someone, of course I can. But that being doesn’t necessarily have to accept my help. The choice is theirs. So what if someone seems to be wallowing in self pity. It is their right to do as they please. Maybe they need to go through it in this lifetime. Possibly an antithesis of what they might have been in a previous life. If it touches me, then so be it. I can either accept it or move on. It is then up to me not to complain about it if it gets to me.

I know it sounds hard and cynical, but is it? Free will and choices. I can choose to be involved, or not.
It has taken me a while to recognise this. Certainly being surrounded by the angels of balance has helped me to step back and take a long hard look at myself. I’m not always balanced - I am human after all. I will continue to live, love and learn.

Falling flat on my face obviously hasn’t lost its appeal to me...yet.


Weaknesses and strengths - to read comments on LW



No comments: