Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Thursday 16 December 2010

Romance

Wow. That was the week that was...

The energy build up over the last week pre- channels by Michelle – Universal Solstice and Law of Pleasure has been very strong, tiring and emotional.

Monday morning I was sleeping after working the night before and woke with an influx of energy into my sacral chakra an hour before the live channel. It has been with me since then – a strong current that has heightened my levels of sensitivity.


It has focused my attention on romance. I write about it in my books and blogs. It ranges from gentle to the truly erotic, but always a private and sacred ritual.

What is romance and why do we have difficulty with it? I believe it’s an energy of pleasure, love and happiness wrapped together. The first flush of love between a couple is difficult to maintain as most of us slip into taking each other for granted. When you get together as a couple everything is heightened and you want to do and be with your chosen partner. We tend to look at our partner and want them to be ideal - our prince or princess. After a while the cracks appear. You start to feel jaded and all those aspects you’ve been pushing to one side start peeking over the wall.

So you manage to reach the stage that you either get married or move in together. Finances, children, jobs and stresses of modern day life get in the way.

How do you keep the romance going? That’s a difficult question but one that can only be answered by you. For hubby and I it’s been a meeting of minds and emotions. Hubby (outwardly) is my opposite. He’s down to earth, has a wicked sense of humour, shoots from the hip, no holds barred, wears his heart on his sleeve man who is very volatile. You know exactly how he feels about you. If he likes you he will tease you incessantly. If he doesn’t, he will ignore you. Whereas I’ve always been cool, reserved and serious on the outside and dancing with the fairies on the inside. I’m the peacemaker, logical and analytical, always trying to make everyone feel better.

Hubby is and has always been an incurable romantic. Quite often I find a chocolate or a rose on my pillow, he buys things that he knows I like or cooks my favourite meals. He’s a true gentleman who always walks on the roadside of the pavement, opens the door for me, is extremely protective and treats me with respect. He has passed this respect on to the children. It makes me feel like a queen. It might not suit all women but he’s perfect for me. Now, but it wasn’t always so.

When we first met I was an 80s woman – independent, hard nosed, strong willed and not willing to have a partner in my life that I felt smothered me. I was determined my marriage (if I ever had one) was going to be based on logic, love (of course but my version in those days was very different), being financially secure and having everything we needed.

Suddenly I was faced with a touchy feely person who had my emotions all over the place. Deep down I knew he was perfect for me but I wasn’t sure how. My career came first and I loved my job – having a relationship was secondary. Love ‘em and leave ‘em was my motto.

Hubby was a rough diamond - I wanted someone sophisticated and suave. I’d had a privileged life and knew I wanted to continue with it. The long and short of it was I was a bitch in the strongest sense of the word. But hubby persevered. He wined and dined me into a stupor...and the sex...goosebumps. In the end he ‘got the girl’.

It wasn’t plain sailing. As a person who’d pushed her emotions deep down within herself I was a basket case and not sure how to deal with it. As the years passed and we had two children problems surfaced. I developed a very bad back so much so that at one stage I was bedridden. With the help of my very spiritual chiropractor I managed to clear that issue and to this day I have no problems. A while later something else manifested in the form of post natal depression. Once again help arrived in the form of a spiritual mentor who taught me so much for which I’m grateful as it has been the basis upon which I’ve built my life.

Still, I wasn’t ready to embrace romance.

Romance didn’t truly surface for me until approximately six years ago. It seemed to be a natural progression once the children were more independent I was able to focus on us as a couple. I was determined we were not going to drift apart so much so that once the children left the home there was nothing in common. I don’t know if it’s possible to have small children and be able to focus on each other – maybe there is someone out there who’s perfected it.

The freedom has allowed us to rekindle the magic and enjoy each other’s company as we used to before children. But the difference is that I’m now able to really enjoy it, I’ve mellowed as has hubby. We’re by no means the perfect couple. Hubby can be intolerant, impatient, judgmental and angry, as am I when I condescend to acknowledge it.

So how do we compliment each other? He’s learnt to dance with the fairies and calm his volatile nature down, whereas I’ve gained a sense of humour, am more grounded and have learnt to appreciate romance. He’s been my greatest teacher, because hell, he can really push my buttons at times. Although I suspect he and the children run neck and neck in that race. As like attracts like I assume that we both have inner traits that are similar but were and are hidden. Maybe that’s why partners who’ve been together for a long time seem to be similar in personality and looks?

Now I might be accused of being a sex addict. Hmm...just let me ask hubby. Hubby, are we sex addicts? Yes...no...I am quite sure that we can control ourselves not to go at it like rabbits, can’t we? Be still my fluttering heart and engorged bits.

The beauty of the sacral energy of creativity is that if you don’t want to have sex you can channel that energy into something else creative. So instead of making or creating ‘love’ with your body it can be used for other pleasures such as having fun, building your business and enjoying life to the full. You name it you can create it.

Pure pleasure brings its own rewards – it attracts abundance in all forms into your life and…simplicity.
An underrated state of being. Simplicity. I know for most of us it’s difficult to find simplicity but once you start using tantric energy in your life in all its forms, life does become simpler. How can it not?

As you change and embrace the beauty and love of life, everyone around you is touched and benefits. By helping yourself, you are helping others. Those that prefer not to be touched will move away and you will attract others who are more in tune. Chaos then becomes a thing of the past.

So, excuse me while I go and indulge in my sex addiction...sorry, I meant create love around me…


Romance - to read comments on LW



No comments: