Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 7 May 2017

Community spirit

A few Friday's ago, Ashlee, Traevis and I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. Since then the song Brandy You're a Fine Girl has been playing in my head ALL of the time. I even wake to it...lol. We all really enjoyed it's lightheartedness and the amazing music. In fact, I think it is far better than the first one.





I contacted Colleen from the volunteer service Community Fruit Hamilton, who came this morning to collect all the Feijoas on the tree as there are so many we couldn't eat them all. We've been handing them out to friends and work colleagues and still there was too much. We got 6 crates of fruit off the tree!

Whilst picking, she explained that people from all around Hamilton call her if they have too much fruit. She then takes it to schools, gives it to foodbanks, food rescue groups or meals for the elderly. They also make chutneys and jams. I asked her if she manages to get fruit all year round, to which she replied that she did. According to her, the Waikato area is very fertile for fruit.

At the end of the month there is Persimmon rescue. I believe there are something like 90 trees laden with fruit. Greg and I will join several other volunteers for the picking as we both believe it's an amazing way to give back to this wonderful country that has embraced us. They did this last year - The Great Persimmon Rescue.

One of the major supermarkets will transport the persimmon to wherever it needs to go (anywhere around the North Island).

The generosity of people in this country still amazes me. With the devastating Kaikoura earthquake last year, the Lotto decided that the Kaikoura community would receive the benefits. I was happy to buy a Lotto ticket for that. It is such a small country with very few people and yet everyone is always willing to help another.

I've got so many photos to upload of our travels lately, but never seem to get around to it *sigh*. Times flies so fast.



No comments: