Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 2 December 2016

Hmm...too bad

So, this morning started well.

Greg: We shouldn't water the garden in the evening, cos it attracts the slugs.

Me: Yes, I know, which is why I normally water in the morning.



Greg: Then why did you ask me to water last night? (I was cooking when I asked him - he looked lost not having to do the cooking, so I thought I'd give him something to do so he didn't interfere in what I was doing which he has a habit of doing and also thought he might enjoy it)

Me: Cos I noticed in the morning when I got home from work that the plants were looking a little thirsty.

Greg: Why didn't you water then?

Me: Um...because I've been working 13 hour night shifts and I was tired. (hint hint - feel sorry for me)

Greg: Hmm (my interpretation - that is no excuse)

Me: Listen, you've been away for three days. I've had a lot to do while you've been gone. (me whining - please note I've been doing ALL the cooking which is my pet hate)

Greg: Welcome to my world.

?


Ookay, not such a great start...

I let go of the need to be a control freak when I realised it was stressing me out. Greg hasn't - maybe comes from his army days. Can't stand things not being done yesterday. Now because I do things at a leisurely pace, he lands up doing everything in his need to have it done yesterday.

I shrug. If that's the way he wants to be then let him.

Don't get me wrong. One of things about him that I love is his get up and go attitude, but sometimes, you gotta step back and chillax.

So this morning I decided to let it slide. Sometimes I rise to the bait and we fight, but mostly I let it go. We both do, but sometimes we have a major fight, the temptation irresistible. Can't live together for 30 years and not fight, that would be just too weird.

Today is my cleaning/gardening day. I do it slowly as I potter around doing a little here and there - unless I am meeting a friend, then I put my speedy shoes on.

Sometimes Greg pops in at home. To get in he has to to climb over/dodge all the stuff laying around as evidence of my cleaning, doing 6 different things at once, but I am sitting down having a cup of tea, on Facebook, the laptop or simply meditating quietly :-)

He'll ask me if I am finished or starting.

Me: I'm in the middle. 

Greg: Oh (puzzled face)


It is nice to be spending some ME time in between. I'm a worker bee, mother, wife, lover, daughter, niece, cousin, sister, friend most of the time so every little bit of time for ME is wonderful - I grab it with both hands.

Lol, I did not sit down to write a post about this, but somehow I've landed up doing so.


No comments: