Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 31 December 2016

Welcoming in 2017




I woke this morning with the song Seasons In the Sun running around in my head. It puzzled me somewhat as I wondered what I was saying goodbye to.

Maybe it is my way of saying goodbye to the last 9 year cycle and stepping into the start of a new cycle in 2017.


Fortunately 2016 hasn't been too difficult a year for Greg and I. We've both experienced far far worse.

Of course, it's been very different. Full of change, challenge, excitement, joy, happiness, doubts and, yes, huge amounts of stress.

Our daughter, Ashlee, and I have been having long discussions over the last year about the changes we're experiencing. She is leaving Sydney on 19 January to come over to NZ to live for a while, before setting off on her travels.

She wants some time out from the busy rat race of Sydney, but has, in the last month, been doubting the decision.

But really, the door is not shutting on Australia. She can go back any time as she's a citizen. Her dream is to travel the world, which she started in 2010 doing a gap year in Australia and then getting sidetracked by a relationship. She wants to pick up where she left off.

The urge for her to travel is growing stronger and stronger. I can understand that.

I love everywhere that I've lived or visited. Every country has something good going for it. There is nothing better than immersing yourself in a different culture. I've grown so much through these experiences.

I am happy here in New Zealand. But in the back of my mind is this little niggle that I cannot put my finger on.

Ashlee understands my niggle. It is quite amazing to bounce ideas off her cos she "gets it" and comes up with different perspectives.

Last night's New Year's Eve was so different from anything I've ever experienced - in a good way.

I was on call (yes I know I'm on holiday, but...) yesterday from midnight to midnight. I had several call outs and spent some time up at the hospital, the last call out being 9pm.

In between it was just the three of us (with a few visits during the day from friends) celebrating last night. We swam, BBQ'd, played darts (all in between phone calls and hospital visits) and finally at midnight we could crack the champagne, cos I was no longer on call. YAY!

I got a hammock from our son for Christmas which Greg put up on the deck. I lay in it swinging gently, sipping pink champagne whilst we enjoyed some of the fireworks of our neighbours, the beautiful evening, looking at the lovely night sky (no clouds and less light pollution here) all the while reminiscing. I was quite surprised at how quickly after 12.30 it became quiet. I expected a lot of noisy celebration for a long time.

It was a good peaceful and very content start to 2017. I could have stayed there all night BEing in that space, but eventually at 3am our bed beckoned...lol.

May the year of 2017 be the start of an amazing cycle for all of us.

Happy 2017!!


No comments: