Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Thursday 8 December 2016

Water water everywhere



"Booboo", I hear as I sit here on the deck on this lovely, slightly overcast, but warm day.

It is my neighbour calling for his little black cat, who seems to spend most of his time at our place. He is Mini Me's mini me. Our cats tolerate him, cos he's a little guy, who has these big eyes, which make him always look surprised/wonder-eyed at the world. He's tried a few times to play with our two, but they just get up and walk away.



I look around wondering where Booboo is and lo and behold he comes running around the corner from the direction of the front door, runs across the deck, over the lawn and climbs the fence. Hm...wonder whether he was inside? We've not reached the stage where he is welcome to come in the house, although he has tried on occasion to come in through the front door. He even tried climbing in our son's window one night, but Traevis went out and chased him away.

Tuesday, Traevis and I put up the "above ground pool". In South Africa they are/were called Portapools. It is similar to the Portapool we had in Windhoek, Namibia when I was growing up.

Having a pool is bringing back a lot of memories, of a different time in our lives. Mostly of Greg moaning about the work of maintaining one...lol.

I contacted my landlord to tell her that she may have a very large water bill and that we were happy to pay for the extra water she will be billed for. She said that's okay, Hamiltonians don't pay for water. Really? I'd just assumed that as tenants we didn't pay for water cos our landlord did. Nice news, eh? (My cousin who lives here in NZ later contacted me to clarify - the water is included in the rates paid by property owners.)

Anyways, so Tuesday whilst I was getting ready for my night shift, I wondered if it would rain so hard that we didn't have to fill up the pool using mains water. When I got out of the shower it was raining really hard. Yay!

Greg pointed to the grass in the garden - look it's flooded. Puddles a couple of inches deep dotted the grass.

I pulled out of the driveway to discover that the road outside our property was flooded. On the drive to work it hadn't rained anywhere else. My colleague at work was surprised, "When did it rain?" he asked.

Well, hey. I got an answer to a brief thought, but as I wasn't too focused, the water went everywhere but in the pool!

The garden is doing great. Loves the alternating sunshine/rain.

Our veggie patch has blossomed. The Feijoa tree has buds. The grapevine has little bunches of grapes and the flowers are blooming.





Geez there is always something to put a damper on a good day. Bloody mozzies - one just bit me. Little fucker. I'm not one to killl anything, but I draw the line at mosquitoes!

Traevis and I are leaving now to go see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.




No comments: