Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Thursday 8 May 2014

Living daylights!

P1080339

Once again I had a dream about buying a house. It wasn’t too different to the other one I’d had recently (to read it click here) and woke with the song Living Daylights by A-HA running around in my head.





Greg mentioned this morning that he’d woken in a panic about moving to Australia wondering if this was the right thing to do, were we courting disaster or were we too old?

I can so relate to his worry and doubts.

None of us ever know whether the decisions we make are going to get us deep in the ‘poo‘ or turn out okay.

Hehe… I reckon we’ve scared the living daylights out of ourselves!

 20131221_192105


I suppose the ‘advantage‘ we had with our first major move is that it happened so fast (within 5 months) that we had no time to worry about what we were doing and of course had no benchmark against which to judge. We were so focused on getting everything sorted, there was no time for anything else but excitement. I do recall feeling some fear a few nights before we flew out as I realised that I wouldn’t have any familiars around me such as my local GP, chemist, shops or any family or friends upon which we could call if there were problems. The only ‘help‘ would be in the form of my brother who was living in London – he would show us the ropes – which he did.

If we knew what we were letting ourselves in for, we probably would never have made the move. We were not prepared at all for all the stuff it churned up and the unhappiness we felt for at least 5 years. It was a long hard dark time. With hindsight – it was well worth it.

This time we are taking it slowly, because of my studies. But…this slowness means that we are facing our fears head on, clearing out any emotions and thoughts, so that hopefully, when we arrive in Oz, we won’t have that 5 year struggle…again.

We are receiving so much encouragement from everyone that side of the globe cheering us on, understanding what we are going through, as they have been there themselves (along the same route – SA, UK, Oz).

 IMG_2831


That is not to say that when we left South Africa we had no support. We did, although there were a few wails of ‘why are you leaving?‘, on average everyone was very encouraging – I do wonder if it was believed we wouldn’t make it and would be back soon? Once we were here, there were a few joking emails about living in the UK and the terrible weather, etc., but those eventually faded.

In the first two years, we regularly asked ourselves was it worth it – the homesickness, the separation, the hardship, the poverty…today I can honestly say yes it was. What kept us going? I think it may have been a deep-seated faith that we were on the right track – although I cannot put my head on a block and swear to this. Once again, we know we are on the right track. The timing is not quite right…yet.

Aaarghhh – we could sit here debating the subject until we are blue in the face – we won’t know unless we do it. ;-)

In the meanwhile, I gotta knuckle down, finish my studies, write the exam and then…Oz here we come!









No comments: