Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 7 April 2017

The world is our oyster

Oh my gawd!  I just submitted my Expression of Interest and, if selected, will submit application for permanent residency for NZ.

It has been another rollercoaster to get here. I tell ya, things are not as straightforward as it may seem, lol.

So, I thought everything I needed had fallen into place, but my emotions and mind took me on another spiralling ride to, I don't know where, before throwing me down in a mangled blubbering heap.



My aunt died unexpectedly of undiagnosed cancer, my sister attempted suicide and my mother (with her usual blunt tact) told me during a Skyped conversation that I was looking fat and middle aged.

Yikes.

To top it all Traevis applied for his second working holiday visa (which UK citizens are able to do) only to be told he had a zillion more documents to submit within five days. What? Mad frantic rush to get it done.

In the meanwhile there is a position for assistant team leader at my old unit in the UK. My ex-colleague/boss feels I would be good for the position, cos she and I used to work very well together. So here I am sitting in NZ hankering after my old unit and this position. They are a great bunch of people in the UK, whereas here...

Ashlee was planning on going back to the UK next year to live for a while, but since she and her boyfriend are now an official item, that plan has been scuppered and she may only go for a holiday. So Australia may be on the cards again for her?

My dilemma was - we'd come all this way to live and now both our children were going back! Bloody hell.

Talk about emotions all over the place.

Eventually Thursday morning after a night shift, I asked for help.

I woke on Thursday afternoon with a great deal of clarity and vision.

In my own roundabout way, I was giving myself the dream we'd been working towards. I just needed to clear a few dangling loose emotional bits.

Originally when living in the UK we'd decided on retirement, we'd travel and spend time with our nephew and his wife and our daughter - all of whom were in Oz. We'd move between there and the UK, possibly spending time elsewhere such as South Africa and the rest of the world.

If we apply for permanent residency here in NZ and eventually become a citizen, we can then spend long swathes of time in Oz and UK and wherever else we want to be.

I'd forgotten about that.

An added bonus is that I am not stuck as far as work is concerned. At the moment the visa I have requires that I remain where I am for three years.

Job done and all boxes ticked.


No comments: