Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Wednesday 11 June 2014

Entering a phase of calm after the chaotic storm energies




The chaos that the sleep unit has experienced over the last 3-4 years seems to be abating somewhat and because of this, I find myself relaxing and enjoying my passion once more.

I see the changes that have been brought about this year, finally calming really tense situations down…of course it helps that the hospital hierarchy have released their very tight grip on the purse strings and agreed to employ more sleep technicians, consultants and possibly, very slightly possibly admin staff too.

Our referrals every year have been growing steadily…this year they are up by 69%...which brings Pound signs of love to finance's eyes!!

I have been very blessed to have employment with them - my first foray into the medical world surrounded by amazingly compassionate people, who don’t believe in pulling rank or have any specific hierarchy. From the lead clinician down to the housekeeper, everyone is treated the same – with respect and dignity – all of us contributing in our own way to the wellbeing of the patients.

Some newbies have found it difficult to adapt and start off throwing their weight around, taking some time to realise that being kind to your work colleagues does have its merits, whilst others are simply arseholes no matter what and try bending everything to their will regardless.


I hear horror stories about nurses being treated badly by those higher up, pushing down and belittling those below them. I’ve never experienced it, so I cannot conceive of it. I am rather wary to a degree about taking up a job in Australia, wondering if I can trust myself to replicate or better what I currently have.

Admittedly the sleep unit has always had a bit of a stigma attached to it and we were in general treated as a bit of a joke by the rest of the ‘serious’ hospital departments, but since we moved back to the hospital two years ago, they’ve come to realise that we are not a mickey mouse operation and in fact we have loads of knowledge, besides bringing in big bucks.

Many of the hospital staff, including nurses and matrons, ‘pop in’ at various times of the day and night to chat about sleep disorders that they or members of their family may have.

This week on Friday we are having a late afternoon session of learning how to take blood to analyse someone's blood gases. I cannot say that I am looking forward to it…I am not squeamish…just don’t really want to handle people’s bodily fluids in any form. Emptying urine bottles is more than enough bodily fluids for me, thanks.

But still, it is all part of the new things we are constantly learning, so I gotta suck it up and get on with it.

My dictation of letters is coming along nicely - I think - as none of the secretaries have complained about how terrible my letters are and on signing them I am quite surprised that I managed to do a letter that sounds rather professional!! Haha…


No comments: