Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Saturday 11 July 2015

Dog lead

I've been feeling like things are hotting up - couldn't quite put my finger on what is actually 'hotting' up until I watched Kelley Rosano's latest about the new moon. It makes sense.


Our lives and living space have undergone such a radical change in the last month/s, so much so, that we keep asking each other where we have put things. It is an investigation every time we need to use something. Our son often joins in the quest. I still find myself doing several about turns in all the rooms as I try and accustom myself to the new layouts. You'd think that after a month, we'd be used to it, but I suppose habits of many many years take a while to change.

Our son has been swept up in the changes too. He bought himself a new bedroom of furniture. Took him months of agonising until finally he pressed the buy button and promptly had a meltdown when he saw the big sum of money leave his account! Almost had to do CPR to the poor boy!

Once he'd gotten over the shock, he became so excited he has taken next week off to put it all together - it arrives tomorrow.

I have time off from work too so I can study for my exam. Mostly I am confident but every so often get sideswiped by a new snippet of information I don't know. Deep breath in and blow it out slowly. I may seem calm on the outside but inside I am scrambled eggs.

Greg has also had some time off. To keep himself busy he has been pottering around the house. He has this thing about using up all the paint we have in the shed and is painting everything - and I mean everything. I keep finding splotches of paint everywhere including my coat, the toilet seat, the wash basket...oh...and the carpet sort of has a distressed look to it as though paint dropped and he merely wiped it down. I suppose it makes sense as I wanted distressed furniture, so I gotta have distressed carpets too. But I do wonder if I should hide away his paint and brushes - you know - just in case...

I have recently come to the conclusion that I need to put my hubby on a lead. We will be walking down the road chatting when suddenly he will nip across the street when there is a gap in the traffic shouting "let's go", which almost always catches me by surprise. As a result he leaves me gesticulating mid-sentence so it looks like I am talking to myself.

I have tried to break him of the habit by telling him that I cannot read his mind and asking if he had noticed, I am not a starling. I don't think the starlings would want me in their troop anyway.

Have you seen their fantabulous aerial displays (murmurations) as they are getting ready to bed down for the night. They are quite awe inspiring to watch. The perfect acrobatic moves they make together without one of them missing a beat. We have been priviliged to see this several times in the evenings when we've crossed the Channel by ferry to France and once in Brighton on the Marina whilst we were having dinner outside at sundown.


 
We've both wondered if there is ever a starling that is a bit of a bumbler, always going in the opposite direction to the others? Um, that would be me.

So, I reckon a lead would be a good idea. Except...there will almost always be occasions that he will take off and jerk my arm out of its socket as he gallops over the road dragging me behind him.

Walking along the coast today, the wind decided to play a game with my hair. I objected but my hair loved the idea and would not co-operate, no matter how much I tried to tame it. The wind laughed at my taming attempts, even blowing my cap off out of my reach. As a result I came home with a bird's nest. I suppose it is a good start on the road to becoming a starling. Although I'm not sure how I'd feel if I found a black feather sprouting.