Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 29 May 2015

Out with the old and in with the new


I am exhausted.

Since we got back from Australia, we've been clearing and cleaning. The influx of energies and planetary alignments have had an impact - what started off as a little clean in the kitchen turned into a major revamp. New cupboards, lots of traipsing down to the charity shops with our pre-loved goods and huge amounts of re-arranging.

Greg loved the whole process, working for two days solid creating a new kitchen. It reminded me somewhat of something that my nephew had said whilst he was in the woodworking yurt. He felt like he was being useful constructing something functional with his hands rather than sitting in an office counting numbers. A labour of love.

Wow, did Greg do a good job! whilst I fluttered around.  Lol...not really, but compared to his creative oomph I kinda felt superfluous.



So, I rearranged my blogs :-), repotted plants, cleaned the house, sorted the garden and ordered things online after scouring the shops and not finding what I wanted as accessories.

This has been building for a long time...

Prior to leaving for Australia we'd agonised forever over getting some new sofas. What colour, the shape, the fabric, size, etc. I finally placed the order just before we left hoping they would arrive after we got back. But that didn't work out as they arrived whilst we were in Australia.

Our son texted us to say that one of them was HUGE. Puzzled, I took another look online at the invoice and realised I'd ordered a three seater instead of the two seater. Lol...Greg had visions of us having to vault over the sofa every morning to get to the kitchen.

Strangely enough, once we'd moved everything around it fits in so well as though the room has warped itself to make room. (Ya gotta remember this is England, everything is...'quaint') Finally, I had somewhere to put down one of the Moroccan carpets that we'd bought. The other we put in the bedroom after rejigging that. I'd packed them away in a cupboard, cos we were not sure what to do with them when we got back from Morocco. Greg wanted them on a wall (and therefore safe) but I felt they needed to be used. We were at an impasse, so into storage they went.

The bathroom upstairs is the last to be revamped. It's awaiting a new floor. How that came about is, I think, a result of an intention we'd never quite put into action, so our hand was forced. Whilst we were away, the toilet leaked. Our son, being an unobservant 20 year old, did not notice until the carpet stain was the size of England...hehe...not quite so 'quaint'. We'd been talking about replacing the carpet for a while, but had never quite got around to it. We have no choice now that the new toilet is in as half the carpet is missing.

In between I massaged hubby's aching hands and body. My thanks to him for creating a beautiful kitchen...although I am not the one who uses it. I simply accessorised the place where he creates the most amazing meals, always experimenting and tantalising the tastebuds. It is a pleasure to watch him delight in the new spaciousness.

Yesterday I started to run out of steam and today I feel a wee bit like a zombie.

Clearing out the old to make way for the new is nothing new.

Once or twice a year, we have a clear out. But mostly it is a clearing of the clutter rather than a revamp. Whilst away we were inspired by our niece-in-law in Australia. She has created a beautiful home for her and our nephew. Stunning. Everywhere we went, she'd point something out that would never cross my mind. Certainly taught me to see things differently.

I could never hope to have the eye for colour that she has. Despite having a very creative childhood, I am hopeless.

I must admit it's never worried me too much what my surrounds look like or even what I wear. Most of our furniture simply arrived on our doorstep from friends either leaving the country or replacing what they had. As long as I am comfortable and in my own space, I am happy.

My creativity is in my garden. Many of the plants are gifts from others or else they have arrived on the wind and simply seed themselves. I love it. Each spring it delights me with new surprises. My indoor plants are the same. They give me so much pleasure.

Hmm...as nothing is the same, it is like an exploring new territory. I am taking a day of rest so that I can integrate the changes with-in me that are mirrored in my outer world.

I can feel with-in that our relationship with our World has changed a great deal, some of it as yet unseen. It makes me wonder what new and exciting adventures we have invited into our reality to manifest with time.

Love is like oxygen
You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die


No comments: