Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 6 March 2015

Energetics of the mind and body



I find myself fascinated by people's minds and their energy. It has always been so.

I am constantly interacting with people day and night, on a 1:1 basis, finding out about their fears, hopes and dreams as I either wire them up for a sleep study, treat them or follow them up in clinic/on the phone. Therefore spending a great deal of time in their presence.





It is very comforting to have the same technician follow through on everything from the beginning - a continuity of care. Of course it is not always possible, as we have about 9,000 patients who are with us for life. But we do our best.

It catches me by surprise when I call to find out how someone is doing (maybe years later) and they recognise my South African accent. I get asked about my family or how my daughter is doing in Australia. Or someone will apologise for being in a bad mood the last time I saw them. More often than not we get boxes of chocolates and biscuits, cards at Christmas time thanking us for our continued care.

I've discovered so many connections this way too, such as someone who went to the same school in Namibia. We'll have a natter about the good "old days", although he is a few years younger than me.

My job gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

I used to put a drop of Lavender essential oil on the collar of my uniform up until a few years ago, simply because it created a calm peaceful aura. Nowadays I use Citronella as it feels like "sunshine in a bottle" to me and is very uplifting. I get comments on it whenever someone walks into one of my clinics.

Of course there is the down side that comes with everything. But the good far outweighs the bad.

It also intrigues me how easy it is to put someone in a good mood, if I am in a good mood myself.

I am very grateful that I am in the position I am in to experiment with energetics and influence someone with a positivity that gives them a boost.


No comments: