Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Friday 28 August 2015

Iceland

Iceland's Blue Lagoon - beautiful isn't it?
 

From Wikipedia:
'Due to the special geological location of Iceland, the high concentration of volcanoes in the area is often an advantage in the generation of geothermal energy, the heating and production of electricity. During winter, pavements near these areas (such as Reykjavík and Akureyri) are heated up.
Five major geothermal power plants exist in Iceland, which produce approximately 26.2% (2010)[1] of the nation's energy. In addition, geothermal heating meets the heating and hot water requirements of approximately 87% of all buildings in Iceland. Apart from geothermal energy, 73.8% of the nation’s electricity was generated by hydro power, and 0.1% from fossil fuels.[2]'


Greg and I have been discussing going to Iceland again to visit our friends, see the Northern Lights and explore this gorgeous country of contrasts.

One of the power plants at the Blue Lagoon
I last went to Iceland in 2003 when a South African friend married an Icelandic in a traditional wedding, which was held during a festival and was a very lively affair. As the hand-fasting was held outdoors, there were hundreds of tourists that witnessed the wedding too. I think the tourists thought it was a play enactment for their enjoyment!

I found Iceland to be the most balanced and energetically advanced country I have ever visited. They talk about the Elementals like we talk about the weather.

We hired a taxi to take us to the wedding. The driver spoke about how the fairies were giving his mother a hard time by hiding things from her. I found myself rather charmed.

I spent a day at the outdoor spa. The hot geysered water is pale blue due to the white mud which contrasts strongly with the black volcanic rock...an amazing sight and so energising and refreshing. I loved the place...except that it is freezing even in summer!!

We hired a car and travelled out daily from Reykjavik to sightsee. Country of contrasts and very lovely.

I believe that the bloodline of the Icelandics is the purest strain of Vikings found on planet Earth...except that my friend has now thrown in some South African blood...hehe.





Musicians at the wedding



Our friends traditional handfasting


Yep that is me in my sheepskin coat - it was cold!



Reykjavik