Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 15 June 2015

DIY distressing


I've had a project that I'd put aside for some time - that of distressing a wooden bathroom cupboard. I'd bought the paint and sandpaper but was no further forward.

While my attention was distracted elsewhere on Saturday, hubby decided to get things moving and sand it down. He later wandered upstairs and, in his usual very expressive way, advised me that it was not working and is now a f****ing mess.



It is? 

Yes.

Why? What's the problem?

I don't think its rough enough as the paint isn't doing what it should do.

It was then that I had a very bad feeling.

Now I must point out at this stage that I didn't know much about distressing myself. I had a vague idea that we needed to sand it down. I'd bought some white paint and some sandpaper but that's as far as I'd got. I was gonna do a Youtube search.

Greg does put a smile on my face.

The dear man had painted half the cupboard in a way we've always painted things - cover it completely. His idea was that we'd use the coarse sandpaper to give it the distressed look. I suppose it could be done that way, but seemed a lot of hard work.

Once I'd gotten over the shock, the giggles set in. He gets this puzzled look on his face when I see the funny side that he's not seen himself.  This makes me laugh even more and puts a smile on his face. He seems to delight in making me smile even if he's not sure why.

What you gonna do?

Youtube it.

So I did.

I managed to salvage 'the mess' with some fancy footwork - haha - no not really. I took a wet clothe (his suggestion) and took most of it off. The other half I painted the way I wanted it done.

It has not turned out anything like the vision in my head. What endears it to me, is that it reminds me of us...imperfect.



No comments: