Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Wednesday 20 August 2014

Hey Ya!

worrd

You'd think that as a sleep physiology technician, I'd understand how important sleep is to the body.
Nah ah. I can be as obliviously thick-headed as the next.

There was a stage pre-2011 that I'd do anything up to 55 hours a week of shifts.


I wanted the money, the unit needed the man-power (or maybe I should say 'woman-power' as most of us are of the female persuasion), combined with the passion I have for my job, the great people that I work with and the pleasure I get from helping others, all made for (and still does at times) a lethal cocktail of 'yeah sure, can do'.

My body hinted with little things, but I ignored it - I was on a mission to be the best completely reliable  we-can't-do-without-you-type-of-person.

"You don't wanna listen, you silly woman," it muttered into my I'm not listening ears, "it's time to REALLY get your attention."




And it did so with a wallop that had me flat out for more than two weeks with the flu - the REAL flu. No energy, no appetite, the simple task of walking to the bathroom completely flooring me.

Three days into this I decided enough was enough and took a walk with Greg down to the town centre - which is maybe a 5 minutes. I didn't get far before I was so wobbly and exhausted, I had to sit down on a bench and wait for Greg.

I had no choice but to acknowledge, even though it felt like a prison sentence, that my body was now in charge and it wanted REST and lots of it.

Since then I've been very careful about how many hours I work and most important of all, how many night shifts I do.

But you know...I do forget sometimes and that part of me that goes I'm indispensable popped up last week without me realising what I was doing. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it :-) - so I landed up covering for another and within a few short days I'd clocked up 36 hours, then wondered why I was feeling so knackered.

Even after two decades of understanding how energy works and seeing the medical side, I still push the envelope of sheer stupidity on occasion. But having said that, mostly I have a good work/life balance...it's just every so often it sorta...slides.

I can be my own worst enemy. Geez - wrote 'enema'. Lol, that actually might be a more appropriate word!

A song has been playing in my head for days now - Hey Ya! by Outkast - rather appropriate wording about my relationship with myself, eh?

*Sigh*

The upside is that we've decided to go away for a long weekend this weekend...erm, sandwiched between two night shifts - didn't say I'd learnt, did I?

No comments: