Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 9 August 2010

Aquila Private Game Reserve, South Africa

Aquila Private Game Reserve

When we returned to South Africa on holiday to visit family and friends during 2005, we spent time at this reserve.



It wasn't much like animal watching we experienced as children in the huge game reserves such as Etosha or Kruger that are so vast you could drive for days and not see anything. But it is not meant to be. I would term this "boutique" game reserve. It is laid out in such a way that if you don't have time to spare and want to see as much as possible, you can do so in one day.

Unlike the major game reserves, the lions are separate from the other animals, so there was no possibility of seeing them hunting. I would love to have done it on horseback rather than in a Landrover, but alas time was a-ticking.

Despite this, it was thoroughly . As we did not have much time, this was perfect for us. Our children were very young when we left South Africa, so this was a way for us to show them something from their country of birth.


Ashlee and I



 
Springbok

 
 Our landie

 

Tea break - Traevis Ash and I
 Tea break - Traevis Greg and I
 

 

 
 Me with a cheetah