Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Sunday 8 January 2023

UK update



We're living on the edge of the Ashdown Forest in East Sussex since end August, in a cute little cottage that dates back to the 1700s.

We're both pretty much settled with house, car and jobs. I'm quite surprised at how quick and smooth it was. We meet up with Traevis once a week for dinner or he comes to stay with us. He is happy in the house share, with no plans to move.

Since moving in, we've had quite a few overseas visitors stay with us, which has been lovely - a reconnecting. I kinda feel like I am back in the midst of things rather than being isolated.

I loved the lead up to Christmas. There is nothing like dark cold (some snow) nights to really make it an atmospheric time. 

We travelled into London with our visitors to see the Christmas lights (amongst other things). They were amazing but of course photos cannot capture the specialness.

Our kitty is much happier. Being a very elderly cat of 18 years, she is loathe to have too much of an unscheduled life. She is definitely missing our other cat and it breaks our heart. We've mulled over the idea of introducing another cat. A friend who volunteers at the Cat Protection Society has suggested a kitten rather than older cat. But I'm not sure I'm ready for a kitten again. Anyways, we've shelved the idea for the time being.

Happy cat

I am in a very privileged position at work of which I am acutely aware. It was very easy to slot back in again, despite the changes since I left. I am mostly happy to be back at work.

I've caught up with a few old friends as well as started regular Pilates classes. 

The small community that we live in is filled with friendly people, all with their own amazing life stories. Some have moved back from France, Kenya, Dubai, whilst others have lived in this area for most of their lives. It's a mix of peoples all coming together to live peacefully.

We are within walking distance of our local pub which was built in the 1700s. It is tiny but very well frequented by locals and those further afield. We have yet to eat there but mostly we stop by for a drink. On Christmas day we went down there for drinks at lunch time when it was open for everyone to have a tipple and wish all a Merry Christmas. Standing outside (pub was packed inside) with many others we witnessed the local farmer arriving in his tractor.

When our Christmas visitors arrived they wanted a proper Guinness, so we wandered down there.

Cost of living is expensive as it is everywhere. Despite this we are comfortable.

The only "not so great thing" is being so far away from Ashlee which we've come to terms with.

All in all, we are happy to be back.


No comments: