Portal opening



Ramblings about life . . .

What I share about my life is simply to help reinforce the understanding that it is possible to live with love and laughter, even with tough times.

Life is what we make of it, no matter how harrowing. We accept and embody this with-in ourselves, thereby allowing the energy to manifest outwardly in our reality.

It starts with each one of us as an individual to form the collective consciousness.

Be the dream.

We honour the light and the life within you.

I upload other bloggers' posts and then delete after a month. This is my journey and others help me understand where I am, until they become irrelevant (a few posts excepted).




Monday 20 June 2011

Channels

I’ve often wondered whether channeling is good or bad. I personally don’t have an opinion either way but to be truthful I’ve never been very comfortable with the idea of channeling myself.

I tried to channel with the help of my first mentor, but because it didn’t sit right with me I finally gave up.

In 2008 a friend started to push me to channel. For six months she would sit with me while I practised channeling. Again I gave up because it didn’t sit well with me.



So when in December 2010, Jem and Andari of Lighted Loving approached me about channeling, I remember thinking, ‘oh heck, here we go again.’ What’s with this need to get me to channel?

Now I know. It was simply paving the way for the big gun to come through. Each blog I write is a form of channeling. I have come to understand this, as each time I read through what I’ve written I cannot remember writing half of it.

As Athena and I meld the words simply flow. So who is actually doing the blogging lately? Is it her or me? I’m not sure.

I asked her about channeling.

She explained that the process for each person is a way of getting used to the idea of being a vessel for divine energies and allowing those divine energies to come through, until finally they are channeling themselves (i.e. their higher self).

The quality of the message depends on where the channel is on his/her path. Essentially no channel is right nor are they wrong. It is simply a reflection of where they are in their journey. A channel that resonates with us means we are at that same place on our path. We touch base briefly and then move on to find another channel that we resonate with. Quite often I see a written channel that does nothing for me, when for years I’d followed them. It’s time to let go and move on. Does it mean that channel is wrong? No, it’s simply not for me any more. I might come back in the future.

When I see people react negatively to a channel I wonder what buttons that channel has pressed within them making them react so strongly. It also tends to show where someone is on their journey. Angry reactions cover fear. Fear is at the base of every negative emotion. But is it wrong to react? No, because that interaction in itself is moving something along. Maybe it’s a stuck energy that is stagnating, both for the receiver and giver. The channeler has a hidden fear that is reflected back at him/her from the reader, who reacts to the fear with their own fear. It then spirals out of control as they feed off each other. Anger can be addictive.

But, being human and defensive, most of us react badly instead of being grateful for the hidden demon being shown to us. Gratitude will help us overcome those parts of ourselves that we dislike which are constantly shoved in our face. So the next time a channel or a comment hits you somewhere ugly, stand back and ask what is being shown to you.

I know, I know, it’s so easy to get stuck in those juicy dramas, believe me, I still find myself there at times. It can take a while to extricate yourself from the drama tentacles but it is well worth the effort.

Every message serves a purpose whether we believe it is ‘wrong’ or not. Who are we to say that so-and-so is incorrect when we personally don’t know what the purpose of that message is? We don’t see the bigger picture.

As we move up our perception of the truth changes. What we perceived a few notches further down is now completely different higher up.

We are being taught to be flexible in our outlook and to go with the flow. Do we protect others from, what might seem to us, to be an unsavoury channel? This depends on the situation. Our higher selves will guide us as they have a far better picture of what is happening.

What it all boils down to is this - there is a time to DO and a time to BE. We just have to figure out when that is…or…you can listen to your inner god.

Sometimes…just sometimes…I wonder if I shouldn’t go and permanently play with the fairies instead of being so grown-up and responsible.

Channels - to read comments on LW



No comments: